Pages

Friday, July 19, 2019

Best Seller's List

Someone asked me just lately, why I've never made the best seller's list. I didn't have to ponder the question for very long, but I didn't dare answer. As anyone who's known me since I started self publishing in 2013, my mouth can sometimes be my worst enemy. That, and the fact that some do not appreciate straight talk. As someone who' been part of the indie romancelandia for the past six years, I've never asked myself this question, because I know the answer. The problem with sharing that answer is the toes I will step on and I've given up doing that these past three years since I left social media.

If I ever had any interest in achieving the goal of making it to the best seller's list in the past, the list of some who actually made it there has long since changed my mind. I like my soul just where it is and have no plans on tarnishing it for a few dollars and an accolade that won't pay my bills. And that's all I'm going to say about that. Except to say, if any of you have ever heard of the payola system in the music world, you'll get an idea of some of what's being done.

I'm not the most moral person in the world, I peddle smut for crap sake, but there are just some lines I am not willing to cross. And again, my mouth has pretty much kept me locked out of many a room where others have freely gathered. The only thing that bothers me about this list thing, is the fact that some of my readers seem to feel cheated that an author they like has never been elevated to this vaunted ideal. My apologies.




1 comment:

  1. Just Continue To Be YOU! I Fell In Love With Your Work For That Reason...….

    ReplyDelete