Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Writing in the midst of hell

For the past week I've been trying my damnedest to work on any one of the hundreds of stories I have started. My mind doesn't shut off. I have a million ideas but lose interest smack dab in the middle of them all. Where I can usually escape into one of my worlds this time it's very hard. Earthquakes, hurricanes, death and destruction. I worry about my readers, their family and friends, and the world at large. As a believer, I know that this will work out in the end, but going through it is a horrible experience for me, so I can only imagine how those who are enduring it firsthand must feel. There is a sense of deep oppression in the air that clouds everything, like a living, breathing thing. I hope that all of you have some solace, something you can turn to in these dark times to help ease the pain.
Remember no matter what to love yourself and if you've never been a decent human being before, now is the time to start. There is something very dark in the world today that has come out of hiding and has no intention of giving up its hold until it has devoured everything in its path. Watch your six butterflies and stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment